Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Digis at Shelly's Images and Mo's Make a Wish Card



Happy Tuesday! Be sure to stop by over at Shelly's Images Blog today and check out the tutorial for Technique Tuesday. It's a really cute Side Step Card. Shelly has also released 2 new images you'll want to grab at the store.


                


On to my card... My image today is the Make a Wish fundraiser image from Mo's Digital Pencil. One of the challenges that I am entering this in is "Girls with Curls" from the Cheerful Stamp Pad. As some of you may know, having curly hair can really define your life in ways. It has certainly defined mine. I can't tell you how many times I wished, begged and pleaded with God to straighten my hair! Curly hair can be quite traumatic for a young girl unless she was lucky enough to grow up in the eighties or knew how to take care of her hair. I only learned how to take care of mine well into adulthood - after years of straightening it. I've come to embrace my curliness and I want to hear a shout out from all the curlies out there! If you've not found this site yet, you need to visit www.naturallycurly.com. A great community with some great resources. OK, off my soapbox...

I once again used digital papers from Sherry K Designs. I really love these paper packs and the way they coordinate so easily. I added three brown mini buttons from Pizzazz Aplenty. My stitching this time was done using the Sew Easy tool. I love it, however, it does not pierce deeply. It was fine piercing through a single sheet of paper and through a single sheet of cardstock, but I don't think it will penetrate layers as easily. It sure beats piercing single holes by hand and I think I will really enjoy it as I use it more.




I made this flower using the same Mel Stampz tutorial as a couple of days ago. This was actually the first flower I made with the tutorial, but it was too big for the card I was making at the time. I distressed the edges and added chalk. I embossed the pink cardstock with the Tim Holtz Checkerboard embossing folder.

ProMarkers: Baby Pink, Blue Pearl, China Blue, Blush, Ivory, Cocoa, Cinnamon

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Stampavie: Pearls
Scrapbook Sisters: Distress
Crafts & Me: Vintage/Distress
Paper Romance: Summer
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Anything Goes
Delightful Sketches: Distressing
Color Create: Pink, Blue & Brown
Mo's Challenge Blog: Pink & Girlie
4 Crafty Chicks: Distressing
Paper Cutz: Anything Goes
Mami Doodles: Let's Get Girly
Just Add Ink: Just Add a Flower
Totally Gorjuss: 123 (1 Flower, 2 DP's, 3 Buttons)
Sugar Creek Hollow: Embossing
Shannon's Sentiments: Handmade Embellishments
One Stop Crafts: In Stitches
Bugaboo: May Flowers and Pastel Colors
Sparkles Forum: Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs: Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time: Embossing
Dream Valley Challenges: Flowers
The Cheerful Stamp Pad: Little Girls With Curls
One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity: May Flowers
Emerald Fairies: Anything Goes
Design Dollies: May Colors - Chocolate Brown, White, Mid-Pink, Dark Blue
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Something that begins with C - Cotton Candy
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
There She Goes: 3D Flower
Pollycraft: Anything Goes
Make It Monday
Kaboodle Doodles: It's in the B's Knees (Buttons, Brad)
House of Gilli: Lots of Layers and Faux or Real Stitching
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Open Challenge








  • Pattern Paper – stripes, flourishes, leaves, polka-dots
  • Colors – yellow, green, white, and kraft
  • Stamps and Stickers – flowers/daisies, bicycles, leaves
  • Color Mediums – Brown ink, Tombow and Copic markers (I used ProMarkers)
  • Embellishments – ribbon, stickers, glitter/Stickles
  • Tools – die cuts, Bind-It-All
  • Techniques – Make a matching stationery set, embellished notebook and/or matching envelopes
  • Theme – "Just a Note" or all occasion cards


Sweet Sunday Sketch: Sketch

38 comments:

Debs M said...

great sewing and that flower is fab! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes Challenge’ at DDSB
Debbie Dt x
(Visit my blog, I have candy! http://ribbondreams.blogspot.com/)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Elaine L. said...

Very cute! Love the big flower to go with her big cotton candy! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Unknown said...

Love the flower and faux stitching thanks for joining us at OSCC.

Kerry

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh what wonderful colouring, and pink and brown, mmmm yummy combo. Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
Tracey xx

Donna said...

Great card! Love the image and what a great flower. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

ahlers5 said...

Nice work! Thanks for joining us at DDSB.
Diane

BarbaraW said...

Cute image. Great card. Thanks for playing at the Cheerful Stamp Pad!

Joy said...

cute thanks for playing with bugaboo! joy dt

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Heather.Love this little image and the the way you have layered her background on the card .great flower too. Thanks for sharing and linking to make it Monday .
Am now a follower cant wait to come back .

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colours and details:-))
Thanks for joining in with us over at Colour Create.

Sylvia.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Such a sweet image and fab flower. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Marianne x

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Kurly Girl thank you for entering into our Pink and Brown Challenge on Anything Goes! Just to let you know that you are a winner of our Top 3..
Congratulations!!
Hugs
Tamara

Fiona said...

this is really pretty and I love that flower...thanks for joining us at Dream valley this week.

Fi

Renee said...

How cute. Love the stitching and flower. Thanx for joining us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again, soon.
Renee DT

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks, great take on the challenge!

jackiescrafts said...

A great card I love the flower
Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

Jackie x

Josephine said...

Beautiful! Love the colours.

Thanks for joining the embossing challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

Mary J said...

I adore your curley hair - mine is far too straight!!!

Beautiful card - she's just yummy! Thx for sharing with us at Make It Monday!

Mary J x

Sharon said...

This image is just so adorable!

I just love the gorgeous large flower too! Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Pink, Blue and Brown Challenge.

Sharon x

Pat said...

How adorable! And so totally pink and girly! I am totally lovin' this...and am so delighted that you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Linda McClain said...

Ah . . . what a cutie. Love all that pink and always love Mo. Thanks for playing along with us at Catered Crop.

KarenB said...

Oh wow, how cute is that image with the giant fairy floss?? Thanks for playing with the Dollies x

Gerda said...

I love your card! I saw it at "Make it Monday" and am a follower now.

Hugs. Gerda

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge again.

Bettina L. said...

Adorable card;) Thanks for playing at TG this week. Bettina

Bettina L. said...

Adorable card;) Thanks for playing at TG this week. Bettina

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a super sweet card - literally! Love that cotton candy image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! love the flower! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, such a great image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx

sparklingblackrose said...

What a great card! Thank you so much joining us at OSAAT this week-hope to see you again soon! Elaine OSAAT DT xxx

Vicki Romaine said...

I really like those background papers. Thanks for joining "Girls with Curls" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Come back for future challenges.

Anonymous said...

Sweet and pretty card.So girly.Love the flower.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Scrapamum said...

Great, now I'm craving cotton candy ; )
Such an adorable card. You nailed the colour combo!!!
Thanks for playing with the Design Dollies!

wendipooh13 said...

I LOVE cotton candy that is soooo cute!!!!! great job with the colors, and thank sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!!

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh wow!!! your card is absolutely amazing Hun!! A beautiful entry! Thank you for playing along with us at the Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge this month!

Hugz, Deb/ Owner

*Alison* said...

No way.. I have curly hair too... and I passed it on to my little girl.. :) I love your card... and I know what you mean about growing up with curls.. but I love them now, and LOVE her curls.. :) Hugs

Louise F NZ said...

Great card, love the texture. Thanks for joining us at Emerald Faerie Garden Challenge for our very first challenge.