Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Graduation

Happy Tuesday all! I'm gonna share a little piece of my heart today. I just got my oldest daughter graduated last week. My lip was quivering the whole time! I cannot believe she is off to college soon. I keep trying to convince her that she is still only 12, but she's not believing me, lol!
This is the card I created for her. The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil colored with ProMarkers. The papers are from Lily Bee Design This & That paper pad. I have distressed the edges and added hand-stitching. The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and is just so beautiful in person. The flowers are made with satin using the burnt edge technique. I will be creating some flower tutorials soon, so stay tuned. The center is a pearl brad from the Eyelet Outlet.

The sentiment on the inside is a Dr. Seuss quote from his book Oh, The Places You'll Go which I got from Raindrop Echo Designs Graduation Sentiments set.
My daughter and I (above)
My son and daughter (below)


I have checked the challenge lists at Feline Playful and would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine - 2W, 1E, SIO - 2nd W - #12 Anything Goes
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - 2E - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - 3E - #38 Open Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown - #53 Chose 3 past Challenges from list on Blog (button on sidebar) (Brads or Eyelets, DIY (make your own embellishments), Stitching)
Hooked on Crafts - 2W, SIO - Anything goes.
Make it Monday - Always anything goes.
Pollycraft - SIO - Ribbon and Flowers
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Distressed/Torn Edges
Stamp with Fun - Pearls and Flowers
There's Magic in the Air - SIO - Pick 2 from: Flowers, Ribbon, Pearls/Gems and/or Die Cuts.
Fabulous Friday - Stitching.
Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes.
Poodles Parlour - 1E, 2W, SIO - Anything goes.
4 Crafty Chicks - Handmade flowers.
AiFactory - 1E, SIO - Use something new. (new digi-stamp and papers)
Sassy Studio Designs - SIO - Stitching.
My Mum's Craft shop - 3E - #9 punch it


Catered Crop - 2W - lots of options, see main challenge blog

Here's your FTR14 recipe:
  • Colors – blue, brown, kraft and green Stamps and Stickers – nature, birds and birdy things
  • Color Mediums – Copic, craft paint (ProMarker)
  • Embellishments – pearls, beads, stick pins, crocheted/lace ribbon, recycled cardboard (fun!)
  • Tools – paper piercer, sewing machine, distress tools, die cuts, digital stamps
  • Techniques – paper piercing, sewing, distressing
  • Theme – nature, birds, shabby chic


21 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful card and beautiful daughter!! Hugs Denise xx

Lori Turner said...

What a fun and gorgeous card for your daughter! Congrats on her grad :) Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Linda McClain said...

Ah, what a sweet, sweet card. Yes, it's so hard to watch our babies grow up. My babies are 23 and 27 now. Gracious - where did that time go. Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

Shirley-Anne said...

What a treasured keepsake this will be , I am sure . it is beautiful . Lovely family snaps too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Vicky said...

Just fabulous hun...and love the ribbon too!

thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour...and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

cebelica said...

Great card! Thank you for joing us at MMCS challenges!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card and a proud moment. Thanks for joining http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/. Elaine

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,love the image...Congrats to your daughter,and I'm with you I don't want my daughter to get older...Thanks for sharing with us at HookedonCraft...
Mandy x

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - what a great image and i love the
flower
Thanks for joining us at Make it Monday again this week
Lisa x

Kathy said...

Congrats to you and your dd! Such a wonderful and fun card to celebrate this event! Thanks for playing along at SSD this week.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I just love this outstanding graduation card. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.

Annette said...

Wow great card, and I've got to say that bow is just beautiful. Love your photos too, you look so proud.

Annette xx
StampFairy DT,
One Stop Craft Challenge DT,
Incy Wincy Challenge DT,
2 Sisters Challenge DT,
Top Tip Tuesday DT

ruth said...

Oh I love that graduation card!!! The stitching is the perfect touch!

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Bettina L. said...

Such a proud moment and a beautiful card:) Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Bettina

Eli said...

Well, the card is super and the satisfaction for the graduation must be more.

Eli (Frosted Designs)

Nancy said...

I keep trying to convince my 21 year old she's still my little 5 year old - it's not working for me either! (lol)
Your grad card's wonderful! I'm sure it's much appreciated!
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyx

Emily Keaton said...

What a sweet graduation card!! I love that big flower and all of your special touches. You picked super past challenges for your Tuesday Throwdown entries. Thanks for playing along with our Anniversary challenge this week!!
~Emily Keaton
June Guest Designer for Tuesday Throwdown

Jackie Randolph said...

Fabulous card, congragulations to your daughter and you on this special occassion! Thanks for sharing and playing alonge with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

nancie said...

Can feel the happiness! beautiful. Thanks for joining The Poodles Parlour. Hugs
Nancie

Lauren said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren