Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Inspired by Song Challenge

Hello all! Sorry I've been so quiet for a while now. I have been working ahead on some projects because I will be out of town next week.

My card today is for Sentimental Sundays Inspired by Song Challenge. I chose "Close to You" by the Carpenters for the line "Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime, you are near..." I just love that song. Just, almost goofy in its syrupy sweetness, lol!
This image is Wonderful Day by Mo's Digital Pencil. My sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs Gratitude Set. The flowers both inside and out are handmade using the singed edge technique. The flowers on the inside have centers made with my I-Top Brad Maker. I made the pin with glass beads and a stick pin from Fire Mountain Gems. The image is colored with ProMarkers.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO -  Anything Goes
Marks Finest Papers -#58 Flowers 
Card Makin' Mamas - 2W, 2E, cards only - 2nd week - Use your scraps.
Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes.
Stamp Something - Use a digi.
Wags 'n Whiskers - 2W, SIO - 2nd week - Stitching.
Charisma Cardz - 3E – Something that flies.
Stamp Insanity - SIO - Anything goes.
Card and Scrap - 2W, posted on 1st and 15thFlowers
Paper Creations Ink - 2W, posted on the 1st/15th - Ribbon or lace
Digistamps 4 Joy - 2W, SIO  - #20 wings
Divas by Design - 2W, 2E - #3 Florals 
My Mum's Craft shop - 3E - #8 Wings
A Spoonful Of Sugar - 1E - #154 Flower Power
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - 1E - Make Your Own Embellishments
Partytime Tuesdays - 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT#18 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - #51 DIY  Embellishments 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - M, 1E – Lace
KB Cute Monday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - your Favourite Stamp

Mojo Monday - SKETCH*

 

27 comments:

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Heather, she could be your twin. lol This is just beautiful, so glad to have you on the team!
HUGS
Tammy Louise

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Heather, I love the decorated inside too :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Heide said...

I love the Earthy colors for this card, beautiful coloring and great flower.
Hugs, Heide

Jacki Daniels said...

Heather what a lovely card love that image how sweet and coloured beautifully
Jacki xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is a beauty. Love your beautifully colored image and gorgeous design. What a fabulous take on the sketch.

Michael Slott said...

Heather, lovely card, nice layout thanks for playing
All things Paper, Create...Learn....Share

Anne Bente said...

super flot kort, sødt motiv.

1000000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring

klemmmmm

Ciska said...

I love that chocolately flower! Great card, thanks for playing this week at Card Makin' Mamas!

Jacq said...

Hi Heather,
This is just absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful image, the dp's, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Winnie and Patty said...

This card is really pretty. I love the flower you chose and the stick pin is the perfect accent to it! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the papers and your flowers - just a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Charlene said...

Great card...love the layout and the dp's used. Great coloring of that cute little image. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy ~ Charlene GD DS4J

Cheryl said...

Your card is so cute! I love your take on the sketch and the inspired by song challenge. Your coloring is beautiful!

farmhouse-story said...

so cute! love your pin and the itop flowers:)

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, my what a stunning card! Your flowers are just amazing and your colouring perfect. Thanks for joining us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Jackie said...

This is so darn cute! I love how you used the current Mojo Monday sketch too, great job! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog!

Dana said...

Gorgeous Heather!! Your flower and beads are breathtaking! Don't you just love Fire Mountain Gems? I could look through the catalogs for hours! Love the entire layout too!
Hugs~
Dana

Colleen Dietrich said...

You've made some gorgeous flowers! I never heard of that technique. I must check that out sometime. THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week!

Anita said...

Heather, this is beautiful. That image is so adorable and I love your handmade flowers. Thanks for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

Tameko said...

Such a beautiful card. Colors, design, flowers, song.....Perfect!

Rochelle said...

Ah but you're just absolutely talented, Heather!! I wish I could color like that and design like that.. This is really pretty. I love Carpenters too! Maybe because I can really relate to their songs or maybe it's because Top of the World is the only song I can sing in front of people (I know it by heart, I can't possibly get it wrong).

Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog.. :) It really warms my heart to know that someone appreciates what I'm doing.

Hope you have fun on your out-of-town trip!

Hugs,
Rochelle

cebelica said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges this week! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Super cute Heather! Love the cute stamp you picked! You even used a stickpin! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug! Hope to see you next challenge!

Mwah! Scrappy

Carol Hurlock said...

Isn't that just darling. What a great sketch too-you did such a great job with the challenges. Such a treat to view your pretty work. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge. Good luck in the drawing for the stamp set. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Mark's Finest Papers DT

Miranda said...

Hi Heather, gorgeous card, lovely image too
thanks for joining the PCI challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I love Mo's images. Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Hope to see you again!